Pathgather is an enterprise learning platform that - unlike traditional learning systems forced on employees - is one you'll actually enjoy using. We’re solving a big problem felt by almost all large companies: how to continuously train and educate your workforce with modern/relevant content. More than 75% of all companies use a Learning Management System (LMS) for this, but their > 60% dissatisfaction rate shows these systems simply don’t work. We’re changing that.
One way we're doing that is through the flexibility in our platform. Modern enterprises use a great number of disparate systems to meet their training needs, including LMSs, CMSs, cloud storage services, and 3rd-party content vendors. Pathgather is a unifying interface for all these disconnected tools, which means we deal with APIs...lots and lots of APIs. We also offer our own APIs to customers (see docs.pathgather.com) so they can integrate internal systems into Pathgather and power our web/mobile clients via in-house APIs.
We're looking for an API expert to join our small but growing team. You'll own the API we provide to companies like Qualcomm, Walmart, and Twitter, and you'll help standardize and expand our suite of 3rd party integrations. You'll have significant impact on every customer deployment, the opportunity to interface with the talented engineers consuming our APIs, and the ability to influence our development lifecycle.
- You're an API expert. You of course prefer JSON REST APIs but if an XML SOAP API comes along (which can happen in the enterprise), you don't flinch.
- You understand and have opinions on common API authentication methods like OAuth, JWT, etc
- You have a solid understanding of SQL. It'd be great if you loved Postgres too (you'll quickly win over our Lead Back-End Engineer if you do. Tell him you love his Que library but hate the name for extra brownie points)
- You have experience with Ruby/Rails (or a similar language) and have worked with ORMs like ActiveRecord and Sequel.
- Perhaps you've dealt with Redis and Elasticsearch too, but if you haven't, no worries. We'll give you the chance to in any case.
- Lead and develop integrations that enhance our learning content offerings to our customers. Our current integrations include providers like Lynda, Pluralsight, Udemy, etc, and we want you to help ensure our catalog offering remains diverse and updated.
- Lead and develop integrations with common enterprise products like SharePoint, Box, etc.
- Enhance the API we provide to our customers (current version seen at docs.pathgather.com). Some of the functionality we'd like to add to this API include analytics reporting and bulk creates/updates.
- Start work on a content vendor API to be used in an eventual Pathgather partner program/platform. This API would allow partnered content vendors to integrate with the Pathgather platform in a variety of ways. Functionality would potentially include the ability for vendors to push their learning content and analytics/events to Pathgather as well as the ability to pull & visualize analytics about their content in Pathgather.
- We're a Techstars NYC 2014 graduate.
- We're venture-backed by some fantastic NYC firms.
- We're located in Union Square.
- We've only been launched for just over a year, but already have customers the likes of Qualcomm, Walmart, and Twitter.
- We're making a splash in a very antiquated and old-fashioned industry, which means you'd be given the opportunity to design unprecedented solutions to problems that have plagued companies for quite some time.
- On Fridays, you have the opportunity to work on or learn whatever you like. We often work on open source software (https://github.com/Pathgather) or try to learn a thing or two about new technologies.
- We offer a (more than) competitive salary, equity, and benefits package.